Friday 18 January 2008

Shiny shiny shiny show

Hallo!
I had a couple of ideas for publicising our shinyshinyshinyshow (that's a pet name I have for it).
The first one is to hire a van and drive around London with the outside covered in advertising for it. The second is to don fancy dress and hand out flyers in Trafalgar square.
My thinking is along the lines of: a van would let us cover a lot of places, and if the advertising we made was really, really individual, if we put a good day's work into it, I think it could compell people into following it up. As for the latter proposal, well I'd definately take a flyer from a person dressed in a gorilla suit. Wouldn't you? I mean, marks for sheer effort and chutzpah. And I think that I'd look up the flyer as well.
The other good thing to mention is that: the van idea would be prepation + time spent driving, and the Trafalgar Square idea would be flyer preparation + time in square. Both should be fairly snappy, and time efficient. The other thing about Trafalgar Sq, is that people drift there from everywhere- Londoners and many, many tourists. I think tourists will be in a better mood to humour us and look up the site.
Ta Da!
By the way, I am willing to get dressed up in a gorilla suit or whatever.

3 comments:

Tal said...

Ros i definitely vote for you dressing up in a gorrilla suit!

Australian radio station Triple J occasionally runs a competition known as 'Beat the Drum' - named for their logo of three drumsticks hitting a drum. It is a competition designed to promote the logo, whereby, whoever displayed it in the most prominent place would win a prize. Someone waved a tshirt with the logo on it behind the presentation of a gold medal to Australian swimmer Keiren Perkins at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics who had smashed the 1500m world record by like 10mins.

I wonder if we could get tv coverage by these means. Someone could sponsor me a trip to LA to be an audience member in American Idol... I don't mind, I would do this for the group

Piers said...

Tal, that is truly selfless of you. I am so proud that you are prepared to make this kind of sacrifice.

We could of course cover someone in bandages a la 'the invisible man' just to give the thing a bit of a theme. Cheaper than the gorilla. Mind you the gorilla just always works somehow doesn't it?

Tal said...

oh yes, liking that idea. or, we could make an outwardly facing mirror 'suit' for the same reason...