Thursday 10 January 2008

proposal...(I would love to hand this in dont think it'd go down to well though!)

I propose that the piece is about nothing and everything and yet,

I propose not to attempt to explain in mere words an idea beyond words, a convergence

of the metaphysical and the physical that through simulacra is passed from

my mind to yours. I propose not to

compromise the work by translating the work into a coded system of characters. The

work does not fit that pattern. I propose that to propose would not be indicative but

merely suggestive. Now I don’t want to give you any ideas, I’m not that kind of girl. I

propose that to explain the work would oppress your very

own creative genius and would render you biased in your viewing of the work. I propose

not to divulge my innermost ideas and feelings. Instead I propose that the work will

explain itself to you upon your direct experience of the piece. I propose that in viewing

the piece your reading of it will be absolutely correct. I propose that in viewing the piece

you will find that I have done exactly what you expected of me by not doing exactly what

you expected. I don’t want to propose to you it’s too soon I’m not ready for that shit.

I propose not to propose.

4 comments:

ellie said...

sorry guys not very serious or constructive but sod it im having one of those days!!!

Piers said...

I PROPOSE THAT YOU HAND THIS IN!

It's the best proposal I've seen so far. What's the worst that can happen? ; )

Tal said...

Bravo! i propose to propose what you have proposed.

Ros said...

I really enjoyed that :)